For the very last post of blogmas I thought I would give vlogging another go as I enjoyed it and had a super fun day in London so I filmed the fun parts for you. Thank you for supporting me and I hoped you enjoyed blogmas. Have a wonderful Christmas and I shall see you some time in the new year!
Friday, 23 December 2016
1. What is your favorite Christmas film?
I think Elf is my favourite Christmas film...actually no I love Muppet's a Christmas carol...No the Polar Express is the best. Don't make me choose!
2. Have you ever had a White Christmas?
No, I have had a Christmas day where there has been snow on the ground from the recent snow but google says it only counts if a snowflake falls on Christmas day which it didn't so no.
3. Where do you usually spend your holiday?
I spend it at home with my family, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
4. What is your favorite Christmas song?
Probably Wham Last Christmas
5. Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve?
Nope, my family are super strict about this that all present are to be opened on Christmas day.
6. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner,Blitzen and Rudolph...I think
7. What holiday traditions are you looking forward to most this year?
Leaving carrots and beer out for Santa even though we know he doesn't really drink it. It is still a magical feeling in doing that. I am also looking forward to coming downstairs and opening presents with my family and laughing and singing to Christmas music together.
8. Is your Christmas tree real or fake?
Fake :-( Every year of my life until this year I have had a real tree.
9. What is your all-time favorite holiday food/sweet treat?
I love Christmas chocolate logs! They are my favourite!
10. Be honest: do you like giving gifts or receiving gifts better?
I think I like receiving them more as it is exciting but I like watching people open presents that I got for them as their facial expressions speak volume.
11. What is the best Christmas gift you’ve ever received?
I think the best Christmas present I ever received was the trampoline I got when I was little as I loved it so much and got eleven years of fun out of it.
12. What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season?
New York! I would love to experience going shopping in the city at Christmas and spent the while festive season out there.
13. Are you a pro-present wrapper, or do you fail miserably?
I'm actually not bad at wrapping so I would say pro-present wrapper.
14. Most memorable Holiday moment?
Erm its one that happens every year but racing my brother, Mum and Dad down the stairs Christmas morning. There are always lots of shouting, screaming and laughing when that happens 6:30 on christmas morning.
15. What made you realize the truth about Santa?
I had a feeling when I was twelve years old that he wasn't real, so I asked my Mum and she knew I knew so she told me the truth.
16. Do you make New Years resolutions? Do you stick to them?
No, I don't make them as they so easily change and therefor I can't keep to them.
17. What makes the holidays special for you?
Being with my family and appreciation the people around me and what they do.
Tuesday, 20 December 2016
So I have gone through Facebook and all the laptops in the house to look for all our old christmas December photos with a Christmas theme so here are the findings. Looking at these pictures have really made me smile, we did have some more but I just can't find them.
This is 2012 when we decorated the living room and bought new decorations, I love this picture it makes me feel so cosy.
I love this collage I made two years ago I think and Cooper my dog was being super cute and he got lots of presents on Christmas day.
This is in 2011 and we had snow in December but not christmas day. This was like the beginning of December and we went to a winter wonderland somewhere and they had like a little zoo bit then we went and bought ice cream. Also I am now realizing how long I have had that hat!
This photo was taken when I went up to see my cousin for christmas and me and my mum were waiting to surprise them so what better them to take a selfie.
Sunday, 18 December 2016
I think these are adorable and arguably healthy (its christmas after all), but I am not very good at baking at all and I attempted to make these following the recipe on the Oh sweet basil blog but they were a big fail! So here is the Santa Hat brownies on her blog as I'm sure they are very lovely I am just not very good a t baking so here is my take on this recipe in a much more basic and less home made way. You will need:
- Brownie ready made mix
- Punnet of Strawberries
- 110g Butter
- 500g Icing sugar
- 60ml Milk
- It is as simple as that so get a bowl and make the brownie ready made mix as it says on the box as every recipe is different. Then put that in the oven to cook as the instructions say.
- Next you need to make your butter icing which is the white bit of the Santa hat. Add the butter and icing sugar into a bowl and then whisk with either an electric whisk or with hand whisk until smooth. Add in milk to loosen the mixture if necessary adding it in bit by bit.
- When you take the brownies out the oven leave them until they are room temperature other wise the butter icing will melt.
- When the brownies have cooled down cut them into little squares around the length of your thumb.
- Take your strawberries wash them and then cut the stalk off so the end is completely flat.
- Put a dollop of the butter icing on the brownie which will act as a glue and the bottom of the Santa hat. Next put your strawberry on the icing with the tip pointing upwards. Then add a little dollop on the top of the strawberry point, I used a piping bag to get a pretty pattern. Then you have you Santa hat brownies, I honestly love these so much you wouldn't believe!
Saturday, 17 December 2016
This year at school my form did Secret Santa and then at lunch time myself and all my friends within my friendship group did our annual present trading. I thought I would show you what I received as it may give you some ideas for some last minuet presents which you might not have got yet. I honestly received really lovely presents and I am so very thankful for them and I am by no means here to brag about them, none of my friends had to get me anything.
Friday, 16 December 2016
On Wednesday evening it was my award presentation for completing my bronze duke of Edinburgh award so I thought I would show you how I prepared for this and some of the actual award ceremony. For this event I wore my New Look Jeans and New look Jumper, my everyday make up routine which I showed you in a recent blog post with a bit of contour as well.
First I had a bath and washed my hair so it was fresh and nice for this evening I got out the bath applied a little bit of fake tan to give me a little glow and brushed my hair. I let my hair air dry and then straightened it.
Next I did my make up using the naked palette and other product which I mentioned in a recent blog post. Then I got dressed into my outfit, put on my diesel Loverdose perfume and was on my merry way.
Tuesday, 13 December 2016
So to make thing a bit more casual than normal I thought I would make a little day in the life blog. On this day I went to bluewater to go ice skating at their outdoor rink with two friends, it was lovely, very festive. They had such a cool massive tree in the middle of the rink
I wore my new look jeggings, primark top, new look leather jacket, next bobble hat, before and after I was on the ice I had my new look black lace up boots on. I had the urban decay Naked eye shadow in the shade buck on my eyes, they're real mascara and my Avon lip kit on my lips.
Monday, 12 December 2016
So I have never attempted to do a hair post before as I'm not great at explain what I do so here goes my first ever try! Here is how I will be doing my hair for this festive period:
1. Twist into a bun
This is one of my favourite hairstyles which I have and will continue to wear to christmas parties this festive season it is more of a dressy hairstyle but it can be made really casual by pulling bits out and dressing it down.
- take all your hair and part it in your natural parting, mine is to the left side of my head.
- Go to one side at a time and just take two small bit of hair and twist them round adding in small strands of hair every time going down until you get to the bottom.
- Then get a bobby pin to hold it together an repeat on the other side.
- Once you have finished both sides take the bobby pins out and get all you hair into a low ponytail at the bottom of your head, twist it to get it into the bun shape and secure with a band.
- Pin and secure your bun how you like it and if you want to make it more casual you can pull out bits at the side like I did, and its as simple as that!
2. Twist side braid
I think this is a lovely hairstyle but for longer hair, however you could adapt this if you have shorter hair and do it on both sides.
- Party your hair deep in one side of your head.
- Just like in the previous hairstyle you are going to pick two pieces of hair from the top of the side with the most hair and twist them picking up more and more hair as you go along.
- When you get to the bottom of that side of your head pull all the rest of your hair round that side and divide all your hair into three sections.
- Braid normally but pull your hair tight to keep the twist secure.
- Tie with a hairband and if you want to make it looks more casually messy you can pull out little bits at the side and loosen the end of the braid a bit.
3. Christmas French Braid
This one is very simply just a single french plait, I think that it is something like all the rest of these hairstyles make a change to the usual plain hair down looks that most people go for and this look has serious detail from behind but doesn't take away from your gorgeous make up.
- This is better on two day old hair
- Take a small bit of hair at the very middle front of your hair and divide into three sections
- Do a normal plait then add in more hair and cross the hair over again.
- Word down your head until you have included all the hair in the braid.
- Then just plait like normal until you get to the end and seal with a hair band, hair spray your fly aways if necessary.
Friday, 9 December 2016
I have a major love for bobble hats and this time of year is perfect for them, however I feel like hats are looked upon as a large statement and big fashion item which is why a lot of people don't wear them so I am going to show you my favorite bobble hats, and some of the best beanies that I own as I believe they deserve some real appreciation!
Wednesday, 7 December 2016
I thought I would share with you all the christmas decorations have around the house and they make me so happy and I always feel very festive when I see them plus they are so much fun to put up and I hope it inspires you and makes you feel festive too!
Sunday, 4 December 2016
Tanya Burr Martha Moo lip gloss
Not sure why this s called a gloss as its matte but oh well lets just role with it. I really want this product since everyone have raved about it but every time I have gone to purchased it it has been out of stock which is so annoying but I have my eyes open so I can grab one as soon as I find one. It is just such a pretty dirty pink colour perfect for ant outfit.
Mac Nutcracker sweet warm eye Compact
This is just my palette with all the caramel and warm colours. These are my type of go to safe colours but they have such a beautiful finish. Mac product are normally of the best standard and this palette excites me. It also has some darker colours in there so you can create a dark smoky look as well. Its just perfect for every occasion and gives the opportunity for a subtle or dramatic look with a mix of matte and shimmer colours.
Maybelline Master brow Pro Palette
I am loving the look of this new palette as it has three different colours for you to use in your brows which I really like as you could use the shade to really define your brows or a lighter shade to outline your brow as a day time look. It comes with a small angled brush which doesn't look as bad as the usual brush you tend to receive in these type of makeup pieces. I would still use my own make up brush as that is what I normally use and I have my own way of creating my desired brow look with that brush.
Perversion waterproof fine-point eye pen
This eyeliner is from urban decay and I think it would be perfect for me as I often cry with laughter or rub my eyes when I'm out at a party or at get together or even at school and my eye liner never stays in place unless I wear a waterproof one so this would be really good. The pen means I would have a lot of control over the line. It is £16.50 and I would defiantly pay that for a quality eye liner.
DISCLAIMER - These images are not mine as I do not own any of these products.
Throwing it all the way back to boxing day but rather then spending the week after christmas at home doing nothing, this year myself a...
So I have gone through Facebook and all the laptops in the house to look for all our old christmas December photos with a Christmas the...
I am so happy that it is autumn now and going into winter it's my favourite time of year and I just love how cosy and lovely it i...