I have done a really, really similar blog post to this before but I'm a choc-o-holic so when I bake and make things, I do like them to be chocolaty. For this baking post I made chocolate sponge cakes, this mixture can make one tray of big cup cakes which are like muffins or two trays of small cup cakes. Its different from my last baking post as this recipe is a lot more of a sponge than the other cupcakes. So this is how you make them.
You will need:
9oz Caster Sugar
6oz Self raising flour
4oz Coco powder
1 Pinch of salt
1 Large bar of Chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees c/170c fan or gas mark 5 and fill a tray with cupcake cases.
- Weigh all you ingredients out and put you butter and caster sugar in a mixer or bowl, mix them together until the mixture is soft.
- Then add the eggs gradually (add one at a time and then mix together before adding the next one in.)
- Sift in the self raising flour and coco powder then fold in the flour and coco powder until the mixture is stiff.
- Separate the mixture into all the cases and then put in the over to cook for 30 minuets.
- When you take your cakes out the oven put a knife in the cake and if when you take it out if its clean then they are cooked, leave then on a same place to cool down.